These instructions are the general instructions you need to install the BoosterPlug.
Bike specific installation tips can be found in the Downloads section.
Installation is really easy - Just follow these steps to install the BoosterPlug:
- Locate the Air Intake Temperature (AIT) sensor and unplug it.
- Most bikes have the AIT sensor in the airbox - but check the Downloads section for the details on your bike.
- Connect the cable from the ECU to the BoosterPlug using the OEM connectors - no cutting or splicing needed.
- The BoosterPlug contains a male and a female connector, so you can't connect them the wrong way.
- Connect the BoosterPlug to the AIT sensor in the airbox - still using the OEM connectors.
- Route the wire with the NTC resistor to a place where the NTC is not affected by engine or radiator heat and zip-tie it in place.
- Do not place the external sensor behind Cylinder Heads or Radiator.
- Install it in a location where the sensor is recieving a reasonable amount of cool air when you ride your bike.
- Most customers install the sensor next to the air intake snorkel or under the head lamp. Both locations are excellent.
- Go out and enjoy your bike.